Sunday, April 27, 2014

Faith

Countless times in the scriptures the Lord says to have faith.
I was thinking about that today. And struggling with it a bit. Because I ask the Lord for help a lot. So, so very much. Maybe 100 times a day. On a slow day. And when I ask, believe me, I ask in faith.
I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
With every fiber of my being I believe in him.
Thus I have faith.
But I feel like even though I ask with so much faith, I feel like receive so little. Especially with school. I struggle with school so much. I wish I could describe it to you. It's not that it's especially hard. I just get especially frustrated with the monotony of it. 
I think I figured it out today though.
When God asks a person to have faith, I think much of the time we misunderstand. Even the great prophets God told to have faith. And they had more than most of us ever will.
I think that sometimes God wants us to have faith in ourselves. I know it's something I lack in certain areas. I think He's saying, "Hey, I know you trust me. But I'm not going to do everything for you. I'll help you, but you need to believe in yourself. You need to do for yourself."
God is the great developer of beings. He has created and molded the greatest leaders the world has ever seen. Leaders not necessarily because of quickness of thought or smoothness of speech. Leaders of men because they were first leaders of themselves. The very best leader.
So basically... I need to believe in myself, if I'm understanding myself correctly. 
Great.
That's even harder than believing in God.

1 comment :

  1. Hahaha.
    I'm not sure if that is the appropriate reaction. It's just to the end, not to the rest.
    On this topic of burdens, I like Elder Bednar's conference talk a lot. Also, I like the scripture that says something about how God led them in the more fertile parts of the wilderness. I really like that. As disciples we'll live in wildernesses, but with God, it will be the more fertile parts of the wilderness.

    ReplyDelete