Monday, October 10, 2016

Goodbye Vibes

So this is goodbye. Hmm. Okay. 
Hello, Goodbye. You're a bit of a solemn feeling sometimes. Also an exciting one, for you tell me two things:
First, you tell me that something that I love is coming to a close. This is the sad one. This is the one that I cry about and feel sorry because of. This is an ending to something that I will look back at and remember as something good in my life, and something that God put there for me because He loves me.
Second, you tell me that there is something new awaiting me in my life. This is a thrilling, exhilarating, and a bit frightening aspect of you. This is the part that comes as my eyes begin to adjust to the new scenery and my feet begin to feel the new lands beneath. This is new life.

Saying goodbye is a lot like breathing. As an inhale must come after an exhale, so must new things come after the old. Today I am leaving behind friends and family who I love. I'm leaving behind my ability to speak fluently to the people around me. I'm leaving everything I'm familiar with, and I'm going with my God on a new adventure. We're going to go bring His joy to people in lands far away. :)  It's a wonderful thing, really. A breath of new life.

Don't be sorry that I'm going. I'm going to do the work of the Lord, and when it is time, I will come home. Until then, farewell, my friends. Thank you for being a part of my life. I love you so much.
May the Lord bless your feet to walk straight and your heart to find joy.
Smile, my friends. :)

Until we meet again,
I love you.

:)
-Dallin


No comments :

Post a Comment