Sunday, August 10, 2014

If I Had a Million Dollars

If I had a million dollars, I would serve the world.
I'd go to Africa and do more than spend a couple of weeks there and have a feel good story to remember years later. I'd go to Africa and live there for a couple of months or a year and really get to know the people. Understand the place. I'd serve them, love them, and become one of them.
I'd go to South America and learn how they live. I'd become one of them. I'd teach them, learn from them, love them, and serve them.
I'd go to the homeless shelters in America and teach the homeless how to become wealthy, but more than that, I'd learn how to be poor from them. There is more wisdom in that than you'd think.
I would climb to the very top of Mount Everest itself and proclaim to the world the light of Christ.
You see, that's the way to bring people out of poverty.
That's the way to make people wealthy.
That's the way to happiness.
The light of Christ.
Love of all men.
See, it all comes down to one point, and the point is this.
That if I really, sincerely love you, and you really, sincerely love me, the world will change.
Poverty will disappear almost overnight. Hate will be gone.
Violence, envy, war, corruption, lying, pride, anger, resentment.
Gone overnight.
So you see, the way to change the world is to show the people in it how to love each other.
Because if I sincerely love you, and you sincerely love me, and we sincerely love every one else, and they love us, the human genius will be unlocked.
All of a sudden, with the disappearance of sin, will also come the disappearance of hunger. Poverty will be gone. Slavery and tyranny will cease to exist.
The world will prosper beyond comprehension.
So you want to change the world?
Love other people.

If I had a million dollars, I would spend it teaching people how to love.
That's what I'd do.
What about you?

1 comment :

  1. I hope someday you have a million dollars so you can do just that.

    ReplyDelete