Friday, November 6, 2015

The 60 Day Challenge: Day 12

Right now I feel angry. It's the type of feeling that makes me want to go run and punch and kick and exude all my energy until there is none left. I feel like I want to destroy something. But I know that's not right. The will to destroy out of anger is always wrong. It's my ego trying to make me validate my poor choices through its will. But I won't.
Ego, you are of the devil, and I am of God. You and I are not the same. That's a big statement. Today I made mistakes. Today I allowed myself to be angry at things beyond my control, and things that are not my fault, though I view them as mine. Today I allowed myself to be pulled into the nothingness you would have me live. I'm all about unity and the oneness of humankind, but with you I am not willing to be one. You are not me. We are not the same. We are different.
I am Virtuous.
I am Knowledgeable.
I am Temperate.
I am Patient.
I am Kind.
I am of God.
I am Charitable.
I am Humble.
I am Diligent.
My name is Dallin Ward, and I am a son of God. I love Him. I have the opportunity to come to this Earth and grow and become better. My mission is to become like Christ, even unto perfection. I will succeed. The devil can only hold me as long as I fear him, and I fear him less all the time. I am growing stronger. The devil will only fail. His strength is entirely a facade. There is nothing true, honest, strong, or good about him. He is the purposeful rejection of light. I choose light.
Today I feel like I failed. I feel like I didn't have a particularly good day yesterday either. Tomorrow I may not have a particularly good day. I don't know yet. But I BELIEVE. I believe it will be. If it's not, and if the week after it isn't, and if the year and year after that isn't, I will never lose my faith that I will overcome. I believe in Christ. He is my savior, my redeemer, my friend. He will help me overcome.
Another day begins soon. Here we go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irX0E4-mc9U

1 comment :

  1. Good job trying to go back to those basic truths about who you are, Dallin.
    Some days can be so incredibly hard. Just keep going. <3

    ReplyDelete