Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Devil Came To Me

Not too long ago I wrote a post about compromise. In that post I talked some about the metaphor of a person standing on the mountain of their morality, and how the devil tries to get them to come down from that mountain. Well, the devil has come to me lately. He didn't come in the way that I would expect though. He came as a voice in my head. It started very small. It started as I watched America on her mountain top start to walk with the devil down the mountain, and that voice said, "Oh that stupid America. She'll never make it back up. She is lost forever." So I turned to the mountain of the politicians for help, and they looked idly on while America was led down. They didn't care. Many of them cheered the devil on. Once again the voice came, "Those politicians are evil men. They deserve all of the hate in the world for what they have allowed America to become. How disgusting." The pastors of America had left their mountain completely and were trying to push America back up to the top of hers. Nothing worked though. And again the voice came, "All is lost. There is no more hope for America. Freedom, justice, and truth have already died." By this time I was so angry. I was angry at America. I was angry at the politicians. I was angry at the people. I learned to hate them. Today though, I saw something new. From my mountain top, I looked up. I saw God. And he was weeping. But he was not weeping for the same reason that I was angry. He was weeping because he knew what he would have to do to restore the morality of America and the rest of the world, and it hurt him. Because what he would have to do would hurt them. His creations.
I still feel anger inside of me. But it is dwindling. I asked God to humble me and help me be rid of it, and he has for the most part, but I think he has left just a little bit for me to overcome myself. Be careful, my friends. The devil is a crafty being. If I had followed the path of anger and hatred, I might have done something that I would later regret under the pretense that I was fighting for freedom. And that would have ruined all good I might have done in the world.
Stay strong and may God bless you.
-Dallin

No comments :

Post a Comment