Sunday, December 29, 2013

Facing Giants - A Guest Post by Abby Lain

You know that moment, whether it is while being complimented or criticized, where you think to yourself, “If you only knew...”
We have all had that moment where that thought runs through our minds. That thought of, you have no clue how much blood, sweat, and tears it took to bring me here. You will never see the trials, the pain, and the world I had to go through to be able to stand in front of you, today. But guess what? I did it.
I may have walked only a mile, but it felt like thousands. I may have stood on solid ground, but it felt like fire. I could tell you that I have been to the dark side of the moon, but not even had left my house. Or was running through the depths of Hell, but was standing completely still.
If I told you these things, would you believe me? Would you believe the things I saw, or the things I did- or would you nod your head and roll your eyes? Would you take the time to listen, or would you cast it aside and say that I went through nothing?
No, to me it wasn't nothing.
To me, I had walked those miles, to me I had seen those things. To me I had stood in front of the devil himself and bowed my head in shame, as he laughed.
But to me, I had also overcome.
It might have taken days, months, or even years, but when I finally stood, I stood with power. I lifted my head at their scoffing faces and their pointing fingers, and I fought back. Not in the way I used to, not with darkness, but with a strand of light. And guess what? I won.

My friends, you are strong. I know that these things that you are going through, or have gone through, are not easy. I plead with you, down on my knees, to never give up.
To those of you who have won the battle, don't give up on the fight. And to those that aren't through the darkness yet, I promise you that things will become better. I can promise you that you are loved dearly, that even though you may feel alone in your battle, I can promise you that isn't the case. I can bear testimony to you that there is God in heaven that looks after you, that cares for you, and roots for you in your hardest times. I know He feels your pain, and even your joy. I know He laughs with you, cries with you, and even comforts you on your hardest day. I know that He will never forget you. Never.

My hope for you is that you will never forget this. You are destined for great things, and right now is just the beginning. Keep going, because after every storm is light.

Stay strong,
Abby




Bio:

Abby is just a girl with big dreams and a creative mind. She grew up writing stories with her friend, and eventually decided that she wanted to put her writing to use and started writing inspirational pieces. She is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and, God willing, hopes to someday serve a mission.
She also thinks that writing about herself in second person is a little weird, so she's going to stop, now. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment