Sunday, July 14, 2013

Calling It Like It Is

Political correctness. 
Grr.
That stuff really makes me mad.
Here's the deal.
If you're black, why do I have to call you African American?
If you're white, why must I call you Caucasian? 
If you're fat or old, why must I never speak of it?
Is there something wrong with being fat or black or old or white? Are you ashamed of yourself?
I'm a scrawny, short little white guy that is sure to get cauliflower ear from wrestling. So what? 
Must I be perfect to conform to what society wants of me?
Why can't I just be happy with who I am?
So, if you're black, don't take offense when I call you a black person.
If you're fat, don't take offense when I say so.
If you're white or Asian or Mexican or skinny or lazy or Mormon or Muslim or Atheist or gay or smart or stupid, or anything else that defines you, 
I don't care.
I'm going to call it like it is. 
Because I shouldn't have to worry about offending you by speaking what I observe. 
If you don't like who you are, then you need to change who you are.
But you should be proud of yourself, because you are spectacular. 
Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

2 comments :

  1. If you call someone stupid, for example, wouldn't that be calling them less than spectacular? Just curious... I can see where you're coming from there, but I can only agree with this post halfway. If you tell people they're spectacular and shouldn't let anyone tell them otherwise, you're ruling out a good deal of the things you could say about them if you were honest and blunt. Do you see what I'm saying?
    Good post, though. That really gets on my nerves, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your argument is based on the opinion that being less than average intelligence is a problem. I don't believe that. So what if they're not smart? They are spectacular in other ways. :) That's how I see it. :)

      Delete