Friday, November 8, 2013

What I Learned From Dumb and Dumber

So I watched Dumb and Dumber for the first time today. I hope it was the last time.
The title of this article is misleading. I didn't learn anything from that movie. Absolutely nothing. The whole point of the story dies in the end. The guy doesn't get the girl, the briefcase full of money that they were trying the whole movie to return gets spent without the owner's consent, and they end going right back to where they started. There is no character development, nothing worth seeing. I mean, there were a couple of really, really funny parts. I'll give the movie that much. But not enough to be worth watching. Here are the opening and closing scenes for those wondering exactly how dumb this movie is. (As a side note, there is content of questionable moral character in this movie as well as it being just plain dumb.)


I stood up from watching this movie having gained nothing and having wasted two hours of my life. It was a terrible feeling. My friend, do yourself a favor. Don't waste a piece of your life with this movie. There are much, much better things to do. Anyways, I guess I did learn one thing from all of this. I learned that the human soul does not like to waste time on frivolous things. I learned that it desires to learn and grow and improve, and time wasted on things such as this movie dampen it's joy. Maybe that's just my soul, but at any rate, I at least learned something about me. :)
Have a good life, my friends.
Go be awesome.

No comments :

Post a Comment