Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Today My Monster Came For a Visit

Today my monster came for a visit - and I still wasn't stronger than he was.
But I'm getting stronger.
He came in the form of a lost family member. Not a dead family member, but one that decided to leave. I will not judge whether the decision was right or wrong - it is not my place. But that decision did hurt me very bad. And just as I started to come up from the pain of that beating, he came back. This time in the form of lost work. See, last week I decided that being 3 weeks behind on my schoolwork was far enough, so I did 4 weeks of school work and got caught up. But I realized today that I lost about 1/3 of that because of a document that didn't save. Oh, that was so discouraging. On top of that, I've been struggling with motivation anyways, so at that point I just wanted to go cry.
But now I'm tired of feeling beat up.
I just don't want to stay down any longer.
Those monsters have had their turns and it is time for them to move on. Maybe they'll come back, but for now they need to leave. I don't have time to be beat down. I don't have energy to spend dwelling on the pain. What I do have is hope. The hope that always follows the beatings. The hope that comes in the form of a friend or an idea. The hope that comes in the form of my God. You see, hope never leaves completely. Sometimes you just can't see it waiting to come comfort you.
Never lose sight of hope, my friends.
Everything will turn out just fine.
Love,
Dallin

1 comment :