Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Strange Species

As I sit here alone, my thoughts come in a blinding clarity of light. Could I ever be as honest to your face as I am with myself when I'm alone? Could I ever tell you to your face that I think that lots of physical contact in dating is lots of fun too, but also that I'm not comfortable with all of it and that I'd rather not get too involved in that way with you? Could I ever tell you when we're together that I feel awkward about relationships and dating and that I'm not as confident in dating as I am in other aspects of my life? Could I ever tell you that I've never had a girlfriend before and that I don't know how all of this begins or ends and what role I ought to play in it?
It's amazing how your presence changes my thoughts. What once was clear so quickly is muddled, and I find myself struggling to remember anything but how nice it is to be with you. Oh, woman. I am a strange species indeed.

No comments :

Post a Comment