Monday, June 23, 2014

I Feel So Dark

I don't understand what I feel.
Whatever it is, it just feels dark. It feels almost numbing. It feels pointless. Hopeless. Lost.
Why? What did I do? I haven't done anything wrong. I've done the right things. Kept my responsibilities for the most part. Loved my neighbor. Been a kind friend. Followed Christ with faith.
The normal.
And still. I feel dark. I feel numb. Empty. Lost. Confused. Tired. Lonely.
I miss the light. I miss feeling good. And happy. And like life is worthwhile and people are basically good.
The light just doesn't seem to come.
Not to say I never feel it. I feel the light all the time. I feel loved. I feel happy. I feel accepted. But I don't feel content. Not like I used to. It used to be that I could be all alone and be completely happy and content with myself for days.
Now I hardly feel content for minutes. And then the darkness comes again. The ever pressing, relentless darkness that is so heavy that sometimes I don't feel like I can shrug it off.
I really don't understand. I wish I did. I wish I would hurry up and figure it out. Because it hurts. And I don't know how to make the darkness go away.
It's like a cloud on a sunny day. But this cloud doesn't go away for weeks. And it doesn't even rain. It just blocks the sun. It makes the world dreary. Lacking of color. Lacking of light. Because not even the stars can be seen but from the mountain tops above the clouds.
Do you feel dark too?
I hope not. It's sad. It makes life feel pointless.
What do you do to be rid of the darkness though? Do you have an answer for me? Do you understand what I'm trying to explain?
I dunno.
I just miss the light. You feel?

6 comments :

  1. A dementor possibly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That comment... Made me giggle. Haha. :D Yes. Probably so. A dementor. Thank you for figuring that out for me. :D

      Delete
  2. I feel. Big time. Hmmm..... Get out there and do something KEWL. Join a club! Make a new friend! Include someone! Try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often aim for a spiritual aspect if I'm down. Read the scriptures, pray, sing, listen to an inspirational talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have felt this too. Possibly worse than you. Don't let this get you down. Always remember god loves you, Jesus loves you, and most of all, happiness is a choice. trust me happiness may be a lot harder, but it is the better path

    ReplyDelete